Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Cincinnati Day 3: IKEA!

So the trip to Cincinnati has been going really well. Yang and I have learned so much and the lab has been wonderful and helpful. In the evenings, we have been wondering what to do so we have explored Cincinnati a bit. Monday night we headed to Thai Cafe in Ludlow (keeping our tradition of finding good, thai food wherever we visit) and walked around there for a bit afterwards and it was excellent. Tuesday night we were searching for something to do I got so excited when I saw there was an IKEA in Cincinnati! Yang had never been there, but had heard about it. Brendon and I miss the IKEA in Portland so much, since there isn't one in Nashville.So, Yang and I plugged in the GPS and headed north of town to that beautiful blue and yellow store.



We shopped and shopped and shopped. Here are some pics and videos from our adventures.
New drawing easel for Ev! 15 bucks! I love this store!



The girls and their loot. (This was before I found dishes and then had to go and find a cart!)



New dishes for the Powells. Finally giving the heave-ho to the ones we got for our wedding almost 10 years ago!



IKEA rug doubles as a poncho, in case you didn't know. If you were there, you know what I am talking about and you'll know why seeing these last night made me literally laugh out loud! 



Me now with a full cart!


Having a great time walking the easel to the front of the store.


Me so very sad that I carried that darn easel ALL THE WAY from "Children's IKEA" just to find a display of them right by the registers!


I have no idea how we will fit everything plus our luggage in the wagon for the trip home, but I am sure we will manage!
(PS- Yes, we ate dinner there and Yang even got the Swedish meatballs!!)


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness. I love you dancing with easel, but I might love Yang's narration even more! "Totally crazy people." I love it!

    Miss you and I'm glad you're finding fun things to do in Cincinnati :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perhaps the rug poncho should be reprised for Halloween this year? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh tiny Mexican poncho...how I miss you. I truly wish there had been room in my suitcase when I moved to Scotland to bring you along ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boo for carrying the easel all the way for no reason! We're going to have to come visit to try out your new dishes!

    ReplyDelete