Monday, August 15, 2011

Conference in Steamboat Springs, CO- Day 1

I'm currently at a gut stem cells and cancer conference in Colorado. The venue is gorgeous, in the Rockies (an amazing view on my run this morning), and the only thing better is the science!!! (ok, I know I'm a nerd, but seriously- some of the best gut stem cell scientists are here and there are only about 140 people total, so it's a great meeting.  tons of good interaction. I've already established 2 collaborations on the first day. Now if I can just find the fast track to getting my own lab space... I supposed I'll need a couple of pretty nice papers and some money.... oh, and a job offer....hmmm.... )

Theres also a great pool that yang and I tried during our free time today. Great science and great relaxation... It's a rough life, but someone's got to do it!! (Did I mention that the conference ends on Friday but my boss rented a house and a bunch of us from Vanderbilt staying here until Sunday morning so that we can go whitewater rafting and have a big party on Saturday? WOOO!)

(and a huge thanks to brendon who is single parenting for the second time this month to allow me to travel for work!)






Yang and I bought matching swimsuit coverups! Grown women dressed alike definitely generated a few odd looks!






















My boss is presenting pretty much all of my data tomorrow during his 9am talk... I'm a tad nervous about how it will be received.  I'll keep you updated!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment: