Friday, August 5, 2011

Images from the last few days in Cincy...

Yang and I headed to a movie (Like a real one. In a real movie theater! A rare occurrence for us both with our respective toddlers...) on the waterfront in downtown Cincinnati. Despite the rest of the city being fairly ugly and a bit scary, honestly, this part was beautiful.



We packed up and headed home on Thursday and stopped off in northern Kentucky for lunch. Some of the best sushi I've ever had! It may sound surprising, but there's a Toyota factory near by.



It took us exactly 4 hours to get home- despite a stop in Kentucky at Dairy Queen where I had to have a blizzard, and where we had a little english lesson. (Which often occurs with Yang and I. She wants to learn and I forget how American English has so many words that sound alike):

[The scene: HOT 90 degree day in a rural Kentucky town, just off the freeway. We just pulled into the Dairy Queen.]
Annie: Man, I am so excited for a blizzard.
Yang: What is this bli-bli-blissssard?
Annie: Well, it's just a big mix of ice cream and candy or cookies. I'll show you when we get inside.
Yang: ok.

[2 minutes goes by and we go inside.]

Yang: Isn't here an animal that is called like this "blizzard?"
[Annie thinks for  good 30 seconds.]
Annie: Hmmm, no. That's a... "buzzard." It's a big poofy bird.
[Yang looks confused.]
Yang: Ok, hmmm. Maybe I look it up on my phone.
[Yang takes phone out and looks it up but doesn't look convinced.]

[another 5 minutes goes by]

Yang (still not looking convinced): I don't know about this "buzzard." But isn't there another animal called "blizzard??"
Annie: No. There is no animal called blizzard.
Yang: Yes. Like blizzard.  maybe..."leeezard?"
[Annie thinks...]
Annie: Oh! Yes! LIZARD!!  you mean a LIZARD!! hahaha!


Yang and I laughed and laughed about this for the rest of the way home.
Anyways- All in all, it was a great trip!
The Ladies in Shroyer Lab coats!



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. I love your description of a buzzard: "a big, poofy bird." Makes me think of a jovial-looking, smiling cartoon bird.

    ReplyDelete