Monday, November 22, 2010

B's been busy...

I'm lucky enough to have a husband who stays home to take care of our lovely daughter.  As if that weren't enough... I thought I'd give you a little peek into the other things he finds the time to accomplish.  Thanks, B!

Project 1: Matting and framing my commemorative marathon poster/bib/picture. We cut the matte and bought the frame in '07.  It sat partially finished for 3 years. (Something about owning a small business, remodeling a house and finishing a PhD that got in the way). We hauled it to Nashville. Today, he finished it. I am so psyched.

Project 2: Framing my Ph.D. diploma. He was in the framing mood today!

Project 3: Custom rocking chair. It's GORGEOUS. Made of black walnut. Made literally from boards of wood with his hands. This being-married-to-a-woodworker thing just keeps paying off. ;-)

(Zoom-in view of the grain. The other arm has a dark stripe down the middle to match. Amazing.)

Project 4: Chopping up a huge hickory tree we had taken down and stacking it.  He cut and stacked all of the wood you see by hand. Pretty much alone, as well. 

Did I mention he's also found the time to volunteer here once a week? What a guy.
Thank you for all you do, B!  You're amazing!

3 comments:

  1. What a busy bee! The chair is absolutely gorgeous. He's quite a talent, that B of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. B is pretty amazing. Such a wide variety of talents as well :-) His framing has inspired me to get going on framing a couple of things I have around!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a nice post! I'm glad you have a work at home/work outside the home situation that suits you so well! It's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete