Friday, September 24, 2010

Parenting follies

Parenting is a constant learning experience.
Example #1:
On our recent trip to Baltimore, we laid Ev down on the green blanket to the left of the orange blanket to go to sleep. We checked on her an hour later and she was where you see her now. Whoops. Time for some sort of traveling crib.



Example #2:
This morning, I was working on my computer while Ev was playing on the ground. I set my coffee cup down far out of reach. She's perfected the art of extreme scooting mixed with a couple of moves that one might recognize as crawling. She made her way over to my half full (but now cold) coffee cup and tipped it over towards her. I picked up the cup and set it yet again just out of her reach. She then dragged herself through the spilled coffee to get to said cup. Oye. Time to babyproof!


2 comments:

  1. Yeah... did that with Robin a couple days ago, only the coffee was just barely hot. Whoops. Thank goodness I like my coffee with a TON of cream in it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why have a cleaning cloth, when crawling through the whole spill is so much more fun and efficient? We love you, Miss Evelyn. Gpa and Gma.

    ReplyDelete