Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Brand New

Brendon, Annie, Evelyn and Khaya are proud to present a brand new addition to the Powell family...

Cora Jane Dietz Powell
Born at Vanderbilt University Medical Center, August 26th, 2012 at 4:58am
8lbs, 12oz and 20.5 inches
Yes folks, we have a true Southern belle on our hands.
We are thrilled and have been spending the past week getting to know her, so excuse the late post.  Here are a few pics from the past week...

Shots from the hospital...

















Some shots from home...





First walk with the family of four...

Finally, you may note the Cora carries my maiden name as one of her middle names.  As the circle of life would have it, we learned that we lost my dear grandfather, Willard "Swede" Dietz just hours after Cora was born. I called my dad to tell him she was born and he called back no long after to tell us his dad had passed.  My grandfather was near and dear to me and we thought it appropriate to include his name in hers.
To me, her being 8 days overdue now makes perfect sense.
We'll miss you, grandpa.

Welcome Miss Cora. We look forward to getting to know you.

6 comments:

  1. Annie, I'm so sorry to hear about your grandfather. I hope your family is doing okay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you all look wonderful! what a sweetie you have there. i'm so sorry to hear about your grandpa's passing, annie. what a nice way to honor him in baby cora's name. enjoy your time being a stay at home mom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely to include a dear family member in her name. Those pics are great--especially love the one of B giving the side-eye, and the one right after she was born where she's sleeping on your chest is so sweet. Annie, you look so beautiful and happy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that I am an aunt again! Welcome to the family Cora!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love the ones of Ev and Cora...they are adorable together. I'm so so sorry to hear about your Grandpa though. Hope you enjoy every minute of home life with your little girls!

    ReplyDelete