Thursday, August 16, 2012

And so we wait... and answer everyone's questions.

Yes, I am still pregnant.
No, there haven't been any real signs that she's coming soon. A few things here and there, but nothing to write home about.
Yes, I am due on Saturday.
Yes, I am still working.
Yes, Evelyn is excited and no, we don't think she entirely "gets" what's about the happen.
Yes, she's likely to be about the same size as Evelyn. We had an ultrasound 2 days ago and the guess she's about 8lbs, already, but those estimates can be off by 1-2lbs, on either side.
Yes, I continue to try nearly everything in the realm of "natural" induction methods (teas, oils, acupuncture, pineapple, yoga ball, spicy food, walking miles, etc etc etc), in hopes of avoiding a hospital induction, like with Evelyn, but am completely ok with going that route if it comes to it. Hey, at least we know what to expect.

 And finally, yes, we will blog/text/email as soon as we have her.
 WE PROMISE!!!

 Here's a peek at the little lady from a couple of days ago.

2 comments:

  1. This is a fantastic post. I am going to a family reunion of sorts over Labor Day weekend. It will be the first time I've seen many of these folks in a number of years. I feel like I should make up cards to pass out based on your model.

    I do hope you are feeling good. I will be driving through Nashville in early November to attend a four-day fermentation workshop in the mountains. I'll be in touch about it as we get closer. I look forward to hearing the news.

    May the force be with you, Family Powell.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jeanne!! We'd love to see you, even if just for a bit as you are passing through!! I;m home with baby until Thanksgiving, so please, please stop in, if you are able!!

      Delete