Monday, January 9, 2012

Music to my ears...

"I'm pleased to let you know that we would be happy to move forward with publishing your paper at Cell."


A sentence that many scientists dream to read.  A sentence that I received today in my email.
(I'm going to save it, in case I never get another one in my life.)


I could not be happier. A first-author paper in Cell. I am pinching myself.
Moreover, I am SO happy for the lab.  This work started 3.5 YEARS ago is finally going to see print in one of the best journals in the business!!

7 comments:

  1. Congrats Annie!! We are proud of you! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so proud of you Dr. P!! Congrats on such a wonderful accomplishment! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. And we, your friends in "the business", couldn't be prouder of you and all of your hard work!! MU-AH!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Annie! That is one of the most exciting things a scientist could ever hear and you definitely deserve it!!! I know how hard you work and how smart you are :-) You have a wonderful scientific career ahead of you! Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Save the email?? Print that sucker and frame it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Annie, no doubt the first of many! Congrats and hope you are finding a good way to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations Annie! You are amazing! PS...your blog is great! I love following your family adventures and little Ev is ADORABLE!!!

    ReplyDelete