Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Nike Women's Marathon

Well, I just returned from San Francisco, where I ran the Nike Women's Marathon with my friends, Carole and Ashleigh.  I hadn't been feeling very well the week beforehand, and didn't feel great on the day of, but we made the best of it had HAD. A. BLAST.  Hands down, one of my favorite races.    We got up at 4:30a, slammed down some excellent coffee (thanks, Ashleigh!!) and cheerios and headed into downtown San Francisco.  There were 22,500 total runners, and you could feel the intense energy from the moment we arrived.  The race meant a lot to me, as it was my second marathon and I got to run the full 26.2 with my bestie, Carole, which made it extra special.  We took our time, ran for FUN and really just enjoyed the experience. Here are some pics I took along the way!!

Pre-race smiles!

Views of the streets...


Smiles at the half marathon point... 
(bolstered by gatorade, water, Gu AND half a banana. I was hungry!)

 Still smilin' at mile 24!

Looking at the last 2 miles, facing the ocean!

Our little blue boxes (given to us by SF Firemen!) from afterward!

Me and C! 26.2! Woo!

Carole getting spiffy in the Neutrogena Freshin' Up tent!


Pics with the hunky firemen!

C stretching in the Nike stretching tent afterwards.


This tent was amazing-- heated and stretches lead by a trainer!

So nice to strrrrretttttcccchhhhh!

Best. race. shirt. ever!

Thrilled! It was SUCH a great race!

Blue box from Tiffany & Co.!


Our necklaces!



4 comments:

  1. Yays! Kickin' some 26.2 booty. Good to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these pictures! So glad you were still able to run and make a wonderful memory out of the race. Proud of you Annie Powell!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go on finishing and having so much fun doing it. Good for you two!!! I have to say I might consider running a marathon if those delicious firemen were waiting for me at the end. But, then maybe I wouldn't want them to see me half dead. Hmmm...decisions decisions.

    ReplyDelete